Vanke US’ parent company, China Vanke Co., Ltd., is one of the world's largest real estate companies and ranked #208 on the Fortune Global 500 list. Since its founding in 1984, Vanke has become one of the largest residential companies in China, expanding to over 60 cities across Mainland China and to overseas markets in the U.S., Singapore and London. In 2019, the company generated revenue of over $53 billion, and its stock is traded on the Shenzhen and Hong Kong stock exchanges.
By the end of 2019 China Vanke had 639 projects with a total area of over 550 million square feet. Our parent company’s sustained growth, as well as transparent corporate governance structure, has been widely recognized among investors, achieving several international best corporate governance and investor relations awards. China Vanke believes that the cornerstone of its success is the commitment to ethical business practices and professional competence. To learn more, visit http://www.vanke.com/en/
Corporate Social Responsibility
Fourteen years ago, China Vanke became the first Chinese real estate enterprise to take the initiative to release a social responsibility report. Their philosophy “Empowering Life, Enlightening Cities” demonstrates an unwavering commitment to sustainable development and social practices. Leading by example in the green technology space, philanthropic efforts and by conducting business with transparency, China Vanke continues to enrich lives around the globe.
Key sustainable initiatives:
- Focus on Climate – promoting green development to prevent climate change
- Green Building – promoting conservation of resources, environmental protection and pollution reduction
- Waste Management – exploring "Zero-Waste" community management since 2005
- Green Supply Chain – reducing global carbon emissions resulting from the real estate industry
- Wetland Conservation – supporting wetland conservancy to protect birds
- Green Technology Innovation – creating new green technology through research and development
- Sustainable Urbanization - promoting the use of sustainable materials and sharing best practices
- Housing Industrialization – ensuring greener and more efficient development methodologies and techniques
- Biodiversity Protection – carrying out research to protect the ecological environment
Core social practice programs:
- Targeted Poverty Alleviation – providing access to education and facilitating employment
- Education Development – building schools, promoting education reform and rewarding excellence
- Children’s Health – providing funding and establishing support programs for healthier children
- Corporate Health Campaign – building a corporate culture of optimism, health and wellness
- Employee Care – providing a healthy and positive working environment
- Mutually Beneficial Cooperation - building an open and mutually beneficial cooperation platform between industry and community
For more information on China Vanke’s current initiatives, please view the latest Corporate Social Responsibility Report.